Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Last Battle

What News the Eagle Brought...
"Nay, sister," answered Jewel, "all worlds draw to an end; except Aslan's own country."

How the dwarfs refused to be taken in...
"You see," said Aslan. "They will not let us help them. They have chosen cunning instead of belief. Their prison is only in their own minds, yet they are in that prison; and so afraid of being taken in that they can not be taken out."

Night Falls on Narnia...

"...as they came right up to Aslan one or the other of two things happened to them. They all looked straight in his face; I don't think they had any choice about that. And when some looked, the expression of their faces changed terribly-it was fear and hatred; except that on the faces of Talking Beasts, the fear and hatred lasted only for a fraction of a second. You could see that they suddenly ceased to be Talking Beasts. They were just ordinary animals. And all the creatures who looked at Aslan in that way swerved to their right, his left, and disappeared into his huge black shadow...but the others looked in the face of Aslan and loved him though some of them were very frightened at the same time. And all these came in at the Door, in on Aslan's right."

Further up, Further in...

"...that was not the real Narnia. That had a beginning and an end. It was only a shadow or a copy of the real Narnia which had always been here and always will be here: just as their own world, England and all, is only a shadow or copy of something in Aslan's real world."

"I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it until now. The reason why we loved the old Narnia is that it sometimes looked a little like this!"

2 comments:

The Wittz said...

Oh sweetness I totally didnt know you were still blogging so I havent checked in awhile. Now I have all these Heather articles to read. Gotta go get a good cup of joe and kick back my heals to get caught up! I love you!

The Wittz said...

Also we are reading a book by Oswald Sanders for an online Ed Dudek class we are taking and there is a whole chapter suggesting we read everday including ones that challenge and even disagree with our own theology so that we get go to battle with our beliefs. It just reminds me of the title of your blog- I think Ed would be interested in reading it