Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Discontentment

Recently, I've really been wrestling with my life. Don't get me wrong I love my life, but it can at times be a very self-centered, selfish life; its bugging me. I have been really challenged by some amazing people around me. One family has adopted 2 special needs children, in addition to their 4 boys. Other friends of mine are working in drought stricken african villages and I can't help but think...what lasting, eternal contributions am I making?

As I contemplate, maybe it has less to do with what I do and more to do with the posture of my heart and my attitude. But my heart seems impossble to bring into alignment.

2 comments:

The Wittz said...

Oh my beautiful friend. I am listening to Misty Edwards as I write this (I was made to love and to be loved by you- I want to take my passion and put it in a bottle just to break it on your feet.) God has created you to be so passionate about injustice and wickedness in the world. When you hear about a wrong doing in the world I bet your immediate response is to want to do something to change it. I have always admired for your interest of what is going on in the world, politics and the likings. You are changing the world about it in the job you go to everyday and the relationships you are in. We all have different ways of serving the Lord and all are just as important and needed to function as the Body. Oh girl I must tell you there are days I am at home all day and I want to go out and make a differnce and see some "numbers" of converts. Each morning I ask God what do you have for me today as I am living in Africa. More days than not is to simply remain at home and seek him in worship and be a mom. What? I can totally do that in America! What will my supporters think- what can a write about then? God says- What does that matter? One thing I am excited about is He is coming! I loveed you my dear friend and feel like you at times overseas on the missionfield! Being content is such a hard lesson to fully grasp but lets try together. I am praying for you right now. Pray for me also!

Anonymous said...

i say a Big AMEN with what bekah said. i can really relate.
You have a beautiful serving heart heather. That is real and passionate. Sometimes i wish i was more like you, because I think you are alot like Jesus. keep pressing in to him.
Love you
Cari