Saturday, July 23, 2016

Starting over...

Somewhere between some minor health issues that became major health issues, and the seasons transitioning from spring to summer, I lost myself. I became engrossed in just coping with the day to day. I stopped exercising. I started sleeping more. I haven't totally gone back to the early days of 2 kids where I would single-handedly demolish a pack of Oreos, but I am addicted to Boom Chica Pop, Sweet, Salty Kettle corn. Then J. lost his job, and we took stock of our financial situation and I realized, I need to find myself. Fast!

Enter my friend (facebook friend, real life acquaintance) Carla. She's a Beachbody coach. More than that she used to be a body builder, then got pregnant with twins and has shared a very real, public journey back to fitness. If she can do it, I can do it.

My goals ::
1. Headspace, time each day where I do something for me, that's not work and that's not family.
2. Fitness, I want to be able to run with my girls this fall (when it's not 100°). I need strength, core, arms and legs. I want to regain some muscle definition, I don't need to loose weight, but I'm flabby.
3. Financial Fitness, we have debt. We need to get rid of it.

Starting on re-building core strength I joined a PiYo challenge through BeachBody. Today is day 1.



No comments: