Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is it ok we don't have a Christmas Tree?

I have been feeling a lot of social pressure recently. I guess it all centers around the holiday. This will be our first Christmas as "us." And my friends are busy making "its our first christmas" ornaments and decorating their homes, and well I'm not. I don't really care that its our first christmas, and we don't have a tree (although I would like one). Truth is, we're not home very much this month, gone 2 out of 4 weekends.

Overall, I just don't know what to do with the social pressure to be a certain kind of wife, who cooks and cleans and nests in her home. I just don't do that, and my husband doesn't exactly encourage me to do that, he would rather us do it together. Which, in all honesty, ROCKS but it does make us something of a social anomaly.
Life......

1 comment:

The Wittz said...

Hmm the first Christmas together. I remember we both wanted to be able to be with our families so Christmas day we were with mine in NY and after the party with my relatives we drove the night to be with his family in VA the next morning (hey you know we have always loved road trips!)I think it is ok you dont have tree- if you dont care no big deal! I love Christmas trees and decorating yada yada so you should see here I have a mini tree from the dollar store in the US and I cut up pics from magazines as my ornaments I am determined to get the feeling hehe. I think the most special things is indeed the memories you and your hubby create together- but try to make specific ones ya know. I wanna here what you end up doin even if it isnt Christmassy.